We use Microsoft Excel quite a bit around here, and many workbooks use a good deal of automation. Just imagine my surprise when stuff simply stopped working one day.
Buttons stopped buttoning, objects wouldn’t create… weird stuff. The first time I noticed it I restored a backup but no, that didn’t help. When I noticed the failures were affecting everything I knew the problem was… bigger.
And it was. The update Microsoft rolled out earlier this month for Forms Controls (FM20.dll) broke things for some users, where some users included me!
Here’s a pointer to more information, in case some users includes you as well: